Thursday 23 September 2010

Symbols/Faith II

This was not what I was planning to do next, but it's quite important.


The Symbols

Now, I'm sure that you've all come across what I will refer to as the Operator Symbol.

What a stupid, yet brilliant, idea. Can you really believe that it is unintelligent when it's got that on it's side? It isn't important. It has no meaning. There is no little... thing that makes it special. It's not an eye, it isn't a deterrent.

Now, here's the interesting thing.

You know exactly what I meant with those two words. You don't need clarification, you didn't want to ask to be sure I meant what you were thinking of.

So brilliant. With those two words, you instantly think of that being and that symbol. And it is powered by belief, as I've said. It's kept in existence by the belief and the knowledge that it is there; I didn't elaborate on the later point before, but it's likely. And yet, you all have knowledge of it because of these words. If you saw the symbol, you'd think of that thing. Brilliant.

As I said before, the power of belief is important. And by believing that it and the symbol are associated, you create that as a fact; it becomes associated with the symbols. I created my symbol as a test; perhaps I could give it power. If I put it in all of your minds, I'd be a step closer to thinking the way it thinks. If you want to see things from another being's point of view, walk a mile in their shoes.

Even if it doesn't have shoes. Or, for that matter, view. Now, some would link the symbols to belief and think this: wait a second, some of us believe that the symbols are a repellent. Does this give them that power? An interesting point, and something to lead me to my next point.

Belief Continued - Selection

Think of this as a continuation of before. Some have stated that if belief gives it power, or if we start believing that it is something else, surely that weakens it? I believe it's stupid; does that make it stupid?

I thought about this for some time.

Now, I think I have an answer. I believe one of two things - either that the beliefs people say are not, necessarily, the things they believe. They may say they think it's stupid, but it might not be. My second is that, while belief can give it power, it can also reject that power.

This is something I am unsure of, and is purely speculation in it's contents. But I know that it's a brilliant creature; so smart, so much superior to humanity. It can't be stupid; it wouldn't allow it. No matter what people believe, I know it's not stupid. It can't be, it can't become stupid.

Yet I cannot deny that belief is important. Thus, I am led to believe that perhaps it chooses advantageous qualities from what is believed of it; I am sure you are all aware of the Darwinian theory of evolution? I believe this may be a variant of it. This being is adapting itself to it's environment, but it is a metaphysical environment, not a real one. Ergo, my theory is that belief empowers it, and it chooses what defines it; it chooses a look which stays in the mind, which is powerful.

This explains why it's so associated with the Operator Symbol and the many myriad terms people associate with it; these things... think of them as memetic qualities. After all, it's adapting to a metaphysical environment; it makes itself a perfect target for the meme to spawn from. A meme plague, if you will - so many evocative things, things that stick in the mind.

How brilliant of it. Just, just... I am amazed. I wouldn't like to face that thing in chess, that's for sure. And I'm pretty good at it.

Anyway, that's all for today. I'm on the move again; my puppy is definitely worth keeping for the company. Nobody annoys you when you have a dog; and when it's as small as it, I can always put it in my back-bag to be safe.

Oh, and seeing it eat it's way through dog food is just adorable. <3333~~~~~

5 comments:

  1. Only a symbol?
    How absurd.
    My tests were nimble,
    and refute your word.

    3:33,
    Then 4:44.
    After 5:55
    They'll be no more.


    Because minutes only go up to :59 that is! ~~~~~<3333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Care to elaborate on these tests, for reference? They'll be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, ho, ho.
    Heeheehee,
    HAHAHA!
    BAH-HA-HA!!!

    No.
    You can investigate for yourself. Also, your mindset would make my methods useless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people say that if you truly believe in something it becomes a reality. What if the Slenderman is becoming a reality because of the internets belief :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. The symbol actually does have a sort of meaning to it, believe it or not. Suppose it's not related to Slenderman, but it does.
    It represents the skull and cross bones.
    It was also placed on certain immigrants to mark insanity.
    I enjoy this idea. It's a philosophy I'll welcome. My research will become easier bearing this in mind.
    I thank you for this brilliant idea ^-^

    ReplyDelete